It's tax refund time! Here are some thoughts to get you started.
1. Don't have a large tax refund. The IRS is not a good savings plan. Figure out your deductions so that you're not missing out on investing that money elsewhere instead of letting the IRS hold it for a year.
2. Pay off credit card or student loan debt.
3. Put it towards your mortgage principal. Do this every year and you can pay off your mortgage years earlier!
4. Put it in your retirement account.
5. Put it in your child's 529 college account.